We’re small but mighty, and we like it that way!
If you google ‘red wizard’ you’ll find tales of forgotten realms and warring overlords. Delve deeper, and you’ll find our ‘small but mighty’ community—RedWizard.
Founded in 2014, RedWizard was born out of a desire to create a fresh new approach to change and transformation management and how this service is delivered within organisations.
Our founder – Julie (also known as Jools!)
Julie Barrow-Read, having worked within the programme management office (PMO) space for over 15 years, was frustrated with the lack of evolution taking place. She has since made it her mission to build ‘mature’ PMO services of the future, focusing on what really matters —trust, empathy, adding value, listening and building long-lasting relationships with the PMOs customers are all fundamental to success.
A ‘mature’ programme management office (PMO) understands it’s essentially the missing piece. Whether you’re a PMO, PPM, EPMO, AMO or ITO, listening to what your customers’ need, from the C-suite down to operations, should continue to shape your solution, so building lasting relationships with your customers is essential to success. —Julie Barrow-Read
Strong and diverse cross-industry experts with a vision
We’re now a strong and diverse community of cross-industry experts, and we’ve embraced Julie’s vision “to create innovative and sustainable transformation solutions around the globe”. We all have a passion to transform the PMO space, moving the conversation away from “What does a PMO do?” to “What do you need a PMO to do for you?”
We care about our customers
Our customers know we care, and we’ve formed many lasting friendships along the way. It’s through their partnership and trust that we’ve been able to extend our services, providing long-lasting transformation solutions which have helped them improve their bottom line.
What sets us apart?
- Our values are extremely important to us, they’re who we are and what makes us unique: flexible, bold, quirky, loyal and warm.
- We’re small but mighty, and we like it that way! It means we can be incredibly agile and flexible around our clients’ requirements.
- We put people at the heart of what we do, focusing on the ‘why’ and not just the ‘what’ and ‘how’. Our solutions are easily understood, easily embedded and a natural fit with the organisation’s strategy, culture, and ways of working.
- We’re co-creators. We don’t just build solutions in isolation, deliver, then walk away. We integrate ourselves with your teams to understand your day-to-day reality, partner with you to build solutions that truly add value and help you embed long-lasting change.
- We specialise in PMO and PPM. This exclusive focus on programme management office (PMO) and project portfolio management (PPM) solutions allows us to offer a level of expertise unmatched by larger, more generalist management consulting firms.
We love what we do
We’re enjoying our PMO journey, and are constantly looking for new, innovative and sustainable ways to improve our transformation services. And… we love a good challenge!
We also love supporting others and taking a stand on important issues such as women in business, flexible working, and the environment.
As we grow, we will do all we can to add value and support causes that are close to our hearts. We’ll also continue to collaborate with the international PMO community to kick-start new conversations around change and the PMO of the future—together we can make a difference!
We’re RedWizard, the missing piece.
For insights, expert advice, and general PMO chatter, follow us on Twitter and LinkedIn.